Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hello Parents and Students!




Welcome Back to School!

  I'm very happy to be back teaching pk, first and second grade!

 If you wish to contact me you can email me at:

1- matias_teacher@yahoo.com

2- in regweb: lmatias@aice.pr

*Remember to check weekly my blog for more class information, assignments and to download the week's weekly. In the weekly you will find the topics and skills to be taught in class as well as homework or extra assignments. The blog is for the students. Obviously parents can enjoy it to but the purpose of it is for the students to have extra class resources. Videos, worksheets and other things posted about the class will help them do better in their class. Remember that students have different ways of learning, so this blog and its resources can help them engage themselves more in the class.

*If in the weekly I assign the students homework for a specific date it is for the students to do it AFTER I have taught the concept in the classroom. Many parents see a homework and ask their kids to do it and of course they will not understand what they have to do because they have not work in that skill or concept yet.

* I will appreciate if at home you can practice with your child the letters of the alphabet and their sounds. There are plenty of websites that can help you with that but my favorite is www.starfall.com
Also I love love love love www.abcmouse.com, in it the students can work many concepts and classes but all in English and it is a great website for students to work and start working on their reading skills. The first month is free. Try it out!

* I love to read! I always always try to pump my students to read more and to use their imagination. I promote the use of this free website that for every online book you read, they donate a book for less unfortunate countries. www.wegivebooks.org

Feel free to contact me for more information. My professional hour is  Monday to Friday from 11:30am-12:15pm. To schedule an appointment you can contact the school's secretary at 787-834-5400.

I hope that we all can have an AWESOME school year!

Teacher Matías





 

No comments:

Post a Comment